Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Downfall to My Self Esteem.

Currently watching: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.


So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, America's Next Top Model, The Victoria's Secret Lingerie Show, The Olympics... What do all of these things have in common?


They all manifest people with a SUPREME amount of talent thus taking a detrimental toll on my self-confidence. But, like a Lifetime movie about rape or murder that I accidentally catch from the beginning,  I just can't stop watching them. And consequently, I'm always eating Chicken Express or vast amounts of chocolate chip cookies while the show is on. Which definitely doesn't help anything.


The people featured in these shows/competitions all average to about 18 years old. If not 18, I'd guess around 20. Either way, both of those ages are younger than my current one. And what am I doing? Sitting on my couch. In Abilene, Texas. Gawking as these people twist and leap effortlessly through the air, singing the national anthem in 4 different octaves all the while displaying their ripped-cut abs that they've had since the ripe age of 4.  It just makes me wonder what my life would be like if my parents and coaches had chosen to live vicariously through me. Practicing 40 hours a week on about 170 calories, falling behind in school, spending thousands of dollars, having my only friend be my dog... all for the love of my hobby...

I just wonder.

Whatever, I'm still jealous. These people are effing talented and keeping me delightfully entertained.